“A” is for ATTITUDE

There are some things in life we can’t do without. Your list may be different from mine but one thing is certain…neither you nor I can do without vowels. Vowels provide structure to words. Without vowels everything runs together. We have all seen car tags with missing vowels and if you are like me, you often drive away still unsure of the tags meaning. Remember the catchy preschool tune….A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y. Well, over the next couple of weeks, I want to share with you how the undeniable necessity of vowels relates to some indisputable characteristics we should all be more mindful of.

As I think about the vowel A, I marvel at the “A”ttitude of Joseph. Joseph was thrown in a pit and sold into slavery by the very brothers his dream revealed would one day bow to him. Joseph was then sold again to a man who had him wrongfully imprisoned because of his adulterous wife. While in prison, Joseph helped a person, who once freed, forgot all about him. Then, after Joseph interpreted Pharaoh’s dreams, was freed and promoted, he was faced with a decision. His own brothers who started this downward spiral in his life stood before him in need. The very ones who were covetous and conniving were now hungry and helpless and he was their last resort.

What would you have done in this situation?

Well…all I will say is, “Praise God for Joseph.” Obviously, I am still a work in progress. No matter how horrendous life was, Joseph kept a positive “A”ttitude. Never once do we read that Joseph complained or spoke harshly about any of those who mistreated him. His “A”ttitude was admirable. Not only did he help his family, he went above and beyond. He provided food and jobs for them, and they lived on the best of the land all because of Joseph.

This is the “A”ttitude God is cultivating in each of us. Joseph’s demeanor was ingrained in dependence. Not self-dependence because in his own power, I am sure Joseph would have responded like many of us. His dependence was in the One who was with him when others deserted him. His trust was in the One whom He had known and believed in since he was a young boy. Joseph’s “A”ttitude was consistent with what he knew about His God.

Now I ask….What does your “A”ttitude reveal about your God? Do you trust Him to fight your battles? Do you believe He can turn the king’s heart in your favor?

The same God who favored, freed, and promoted Joseph is the same God who is with you today. I challenge you to maintain a positive “A”ttitude no matter what. When you do, listen closely. Did you hear that? I think I heard Him say, “Well Done”!

Same time, same place, next week….Let’s talk about the vowel “E”!

Now that I have SHARED MY HEART with you, I ask you to do the same. I can’t wait to read your comments!

Advertisements

14 thoughts on ““A” is for ATTITUDE

1. Felicia Jolly February 11, 2015 / 1:35 AM

I am so “EXCITED!!!!” I’m literally almost in tears because I have just had a glimpse of the future. TJ, I’m so proud of & happy for you! My heart is rejoicing!!! This word was for me, I’m a little anxious about the unknown and it is affecting my attitude. You reminded me that it’s all apart of the plan. Thanks! God bless you!!!

Liked by 1 person

2. Sly February 11, 2015 / 1:51 AM

I am beyond proud of you and I know you ar truly gifted!!!! I know with you taking this leap of faith God is going to open so many doors for you! I am honored to consider you a friend and I know greater is coming! This post is so true! Your attitude affects so many things. I can’t let what’s unknown affect my attitude! Thank you TJ!

Liked by 1 person

3. khester February 11, 2015 / 9:10 AM

WOW!!!!! I am so proud of you. This was a Word that I needed. I am so excited and almost in tears at how God is propelling you into your gift and purpose!

Liked by 1 person

4. Lee Johnson February 11, 2015 / 9:22 AM

“Beautiful.” You are truly gifted.

Love You,

DAD

Liked by 1 person

5. Tammy February 11, 2015 / 9:22 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your heart. Thank you for reminding us what God did for Joseph he will do for us today. Proud of you! I’m looking forward to reading your blogs.

Liked by 1 person

6. April Lewis February 11, 2015 / 10:34 AM

Yayyyy CONGRATS!!! This bless me, and reminded me that God would do the same for me as he did for Joseph. Thank you!!!

Liked by 1 person

7. Juandolyn February 11, 2015 / 10:46 AM

Thank you for stepping out of the boat, TJ. Excited about the many, many, MANY lives that will be changed by Gods word that flows in and through you and this blog.

Bring on the E!

Liked by 1 person

8. Courtney February 11, 2015 / 10:47 AM

So proud of you! Awesome word of encouragement. Can’t wait to see the next post!

Liked by 1 person

9. JOY February 11, 2015 / 5:22 PM

What an Awesome read! Congratulations on your new endeavor!! May God continue to Bless you to Bless others 😉

Liked by 1 person

10. Latreece Brown February 12, 2015 / 12:23 PM

Absolutely Awesome! This speaks to me in many ways. One of my weaknesses is before I can move forward with almost anything, I have to analyze ,it to the end. This is sometimes a huge hindrance for me in my faith walk and in general life. I will never look at the alphabet the same and I can’t wait to see what is in store with the next letter. Thank you for using your gift to bless me. I have all of my gear and I am ready for the journey! God bless you and your family. Love you!

Liked by 1 person

11. Angela February 12, 2015 / 1:37 PM

Great job TJ!
    I’m so proud of you! It’s obvious that God has blessed you with the passion His Word and I am excited to share in this walk with you!
    Praise be to God for the courage He has given you to do His good work😘

Liked by 1 person